Thursday, July 24, 2014

WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL BEAUTIFUL?

This morning, I accepted a Facebook challenge that has been floating around for the past couple of weeks.  The instructions were "to find 5 photos that make you feel beautiful, post them, and then challenge 5 other women to do the same." 

I had seen the challenge and was actually hoping that one one would tag me on it.  No luck.  Thanks, AnnMarie.  :-P  

No, seriously. THANK YOU, AnnMarie!

Regardless of how others see us, we all have those self-sabotaging voices and thoughts about our physical appearance. And, I think we all have a couple of photos of ourselves that we particularly like. So of course, I chose them first. As I started perusing my photos, it was interesting to me that some that may have reflected some outer beauty didn't make the cut. 

As I looked at the photos, I kept hearing myself say, "photos that make me FEEL beautiful". So, my lovely lesson this morning was that I don't just feel beautiful when I'm having a good hair day, or I'm not bloated, or the color I'm wearing makes my eyes pop, or my thighs are hidden. (Although those things certainly do help.) ;-) 

I feel beautiful when I see beauty.  I feel beautiful when I see loved ones looking at me.  I feel beautiful when I feel hope.  I feel beautiful when I'm happy and having fun.  I feel beautiful when my senses are alive.  I feel beautiful when I'm doing things about which I'm passionate.  I feel beautiful when I'm with the people who matter most to me. I feel beautiful when I create art and beauty. 

Of course, I couldn't only choose 5 photos.  I'm not so good at following instructions. :-)  What a wonderful way to have started my day.  ≠What makes you feel beautiful?  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home